Search This Blog

Monday, 7 September 2009

DIY: FIXING A SPLIT NAIL WITH A TEABAG...

Don't Monday's just seem so come round FAR too quickly? *huge sigh*

Anyway, so you know this nail growth mission I've given myself? Well it's been just over three weeks and whilst the left hand seems to stable, the right unfortunately is still in critical condition. Nail doctors said the thumb and index finger might not pull through...!

Drama. That's what nail growing feels like in a wonderfully exaggerated way.

Fact is though, I have been nurturing them every day, lashings of Solar oil, a fresh coat of Nail Eat and a good night time dose of Qtica cuticle cream.

BUT TODAY I NOTICE A SPLIT!

Of course it just HAD to be one of those wretched way far down splits, and on my thumb no less. The ones that just take FOREVER to grow out.

GGGRRRRR!!!

Anyway, I remembered a nail tip I read ages ago on some website where they basically said if you get a split you can fix it with household stuff...in this case it was a tiny piece of tea bag paper.

So I've basically snipped a corner off one of my Camomile Teas and attempted to perform nail surgery.
I guess it's similar to nail wraps. What I did was cut two teeny tiny strips, paint Nail Eat on, place one strip across going horizontal, applied another coat of Nail Eat, apply second strip across but vertical this time, and then another coat of Nail Eat.

Sounds bizarre but it's actually looking ok. Besides, I will be applying nail colour over it so hopefully won't be SO obvious. The split is just too far down to cut so I hope this will suffice until it grows out!

The things we do for beauty eh?
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. ahh it's like your nail is getting little butterfly stitches! x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.