I have to have a little rant again. I hope you don't mind.
Tonights rant results from a few lunch time experiences I've had when visiting a certain stationery store...that also has a sales team who have a little pitch to sell make up.
Yep, stationery store that sells make up. Not exacty the kind of place that you'd usually associate with beauty. Ok maybe for the beauty magazines but not for the actual slap!
Anyway, I had to visit this store a few times last week for craft items and I've been harassed by this so called make up team on both occasions.
I don't mind being introduced to new make up, in fact I am usually estatic to discover new products. But when I've got pushy sales staff in my face going "Do you like make up? What you don't like make up??!!" I'm not going to be impressed. Especially when it's a man who doesn't look like he knows the first THING about make up. THAT and having bitchy female staff who are rude about you because you are not interested in hearing their sales pitch.
Erugh it really irritates me!*stamps foot*
As always I am very interested to hear your stories so please do share :)
-- Post From My iPhone
Search This Blog
Monday, 21 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I saw the title of this post and had to comment as today I had the weirdest experience with an MUA at Illamasqua. She was SO pushy, and every time I tried to leave she'd block my exit and offer me another product to look at: blush, lipgloss, lipstick, mascara, bronzer, foudation...etc, I just didn't know what to do. It got really weird. The other MUA's even started giggling about it because the woman just wouldn't stop! she was a lovely woman, just incredibly pushy!
ReplyDeleteI hate sales calls. I have always been polite, but recently I have shocked myself by hanging up on one of them.. shock horroh!
ReplyDeleteBtw, consider yourself tagged! See my latest blog for details.
It wasn't Victoria Jackson was it? I have had that outside Selfridges in London, they try and reel you in with the goodie bag that you then find out you have to pay for! Hate it! x
ReplyDeleteaha a certain stationery store near me has the same thing, its bugging me sooo much xo
ReplyDeleteHey Jobetterdays - it was indeed... :P
ReplyDeleteSalma - That's just sooo OTT! I definitely think you can rave about a product without being pushy. Tact has to come into it :)
ReplyDeleteI feel you. I have a post on the same topic of pushy/rude salespeople. All these bad experiences stun me..I mean, what happened to customer service?
ReplyDeletexoxo