Search This Blog

Monday, 8 November 2010

MY NEW LIP PRODUCT OBSESSION...I LOVE NARS DRAGON GIRL

How was everyones weekend? Hope you all had a good one!

Don't you just LOVE it when you discover a new product that you absolutely adore?

This is exactly how I feel about Nars "dragon girl".

I have to admit I don't own a single Nars lip product. I just find their products to be on the expensive side here in the UK and tend to make my purchases when I go to the States. Even then I've only ever bought into their blushers and eyeshadows.


However, this could all change.


Dragon Girl is a Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil and these are an absolute dream to use.

There are 4 reasons why I love them.


1)Matte pencil that doesn't dry your lips
If you steer clear of matte lipsticks because they have a tendency to dry your lips then I'd definitely recommend that you try these pencils out. They don't dry your lips and glide on with ease.


2)Light to wear
When I wear this I don't feel like I have anything on my lips. 


3)Colour stays put for a long time
I've eaten lunch and drank hot drinks without the need to reapply as it still looks good. I think I reapply it twice in my working day.

4) Rich pigment
The colour payoff is fantastic!


However, there are a few downsides..


1) It's a pencil
One of those that you have to sharpen which in turn will lead to product waste. I'm not a huge fan of jumbo lip pencils in the first place and think it would be better if it was an automatic twisty pencil. Even better, a lipstick.


2)It costs £17
I consider this quite a pricey lip product considering it's a pencil!


As for the shade itself...this is my new favourite lip colour of choice. 
If you read my blog regularly you will know that I love my red lipstick. My HG red is Illamasqua "Box".

I know red lipstick is the IN lip colour right now but if you've been wearing red lipstick for as long as I have then it's nice to have a change :)

I discovered Dragon Girl in a rather embarrassing way...you see I saw a photo of Taylor Swift and I absolutely LOVED the lip colour she had on which I then found out was Dragon Girl *looks embarrassed*

It's a beautiful bold colour that's very feminine and girly and reminds me of my other favourite lipstick, Revlon's "cherries in the snow". A lovely pinky red!

I'll do a comparison swatch soon but for now check out the swatches below:

And to complete this post...if it's good enough for Pam from True Blood, it's good enough for me! (animated gif credit = sophistabitch)


Have you tried any of the velvet matte pencils? Which one is your favourite?

*UPDATE* There are now 5 reasons I love this...

5) It doesn't come off on your teeth. No need to keep checking the mirror for possible lipstick transfer. (often the case with matte red lippies!)

5 comments:

  1. I want, I want!!! I just picked up Chanel's Rouge Allure in 'Lover' which I'm really loving. Will be adding this to my NARS wishlist I think! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loooooove this pencil been wearing it non stop my faves are dragon girl cruella damned and bahamas :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, now I want it too! Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got Cruella (another AMAZING red), Belle de Jour (perfect nude lip for me), Walkyrie, and I think Dolce Vita which I use the most as it's close to my lip color, but better. Great natural look. Either way, I adore these pencils. I've also gotten hooked on their new matte lipsticks. I've got Tonkin out of that line.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.