Search This Blog

Tuesday, 9 November 2010

THE WONDER BALM BY CONNOCK LONDON

I was sent this product sample for review a while ago.

You see, it was a bit of a funny one for me to get my head around.

Entitled the "Wonder balm", it's a multi-purpose luxury balm to sooth dry, irriated skin, nourish cuticles and on top of that a moisturising lip balm too.

When I read the brand booklet it talks about the founder, Amanda Connock and how her father was her inspiration, taking her on trips to far off places and giving her perfume samples to create her own fragrances.

It really got me excited to try some of the products, with the Wonder Balm the exact type of product to be right up my street.


Only it doesn't have a scent.


No fragrance. None of that super natural luxurious scent you almost expect from a balm like this. 


I'll admit I was disappointed. Despite this, it's been carted around in my handbag for weeks on end until the time came when I had no hand cream in my bag.

Remembering I had the Wonder Balm in my bag, I decided to see how it faired on my hands...and that's when I got it. The "wonder" bit. Such a little goes a long way and isn't greasy in the slightest even though it's a blend of Kukui Oil (a Hawaiian nut oil traditionally used for centuries to keep the skin soft), Monoi, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter and Beeswax.

I am really quite impressed with how it made my hands feel. Soft and moisturised and with barely any product used.

I have since used this on my lips and it has a lovely texture to the lips too, not in the slightest bit slippery, just right.

I just really wish it had a super gorgeous scent to it!



Connock London is a British bath and body range with the Wonder balm costing £18.50


For more information visit the website: www.connocklondon.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thank you for the lovely post, i'm so glad you like the Balm! This is the only product in the Kukui Oil range that doesn't have a fragrance as I wanted it to be very pure and gentle so it can be used everywhere - even on a baby's delicate skin.
    Thanks again! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Amanda - aw thanks for taking the time out to leave a comment! Makes perfect sense about the fragrance. The formula is lovely and non greasy which I adore. I'd love to see two varieties of the Wonder Balm, a fragranced one and a non fragranced one :) Think it would be a nice addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feedback and definitely something to think about!

    Much appreciated, thank you. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.