Anyone who knows their make-up artists will know of the legend that is Mary Greenwell. Famed for creating and inspiring the hottest catwalk trends, Mary has been a mentor and inspiration to many leading MUAs the world over.
Given her undisputed influence in the make-up world one would think the first range she would bring out would be of course...make-up.
However, Mary has taken her knowledge and award winning skills and turned them towards the art of perfumery releasing her new signature fragrance, "Plum".
And my word what a signature fragrance it is.
High up with the likes of Chanel No5 it's a true classic scent. When I use the world classic I think of fragrances that have depth...none of this airy fairy girly whirly spritz stuff...this is the type of scent that lingers and develops the longer it remains on the skin.
It's so hard to describe perfume, especially when I consider it to be such a personal thing, but if you can imagine the classic perfumes from by gone eras then I think we will be on the right page :)
Plum was developed by Mary in partnership with fourth generation perfumer Francois Robert who's father and grand father before him were responsible for creating some of the most timeless fragrances to date.
With top notes of plum, blackcurrant, peach, bergamot and lemon blend with heart notes of gardenia, tuberose absolute, orange flower absolute, rose absolute and jasmine absolute, it's base consists of sandalwood, oakmoss, patchouli, amber and white musk.
The packaging itself is pure luxury. Featuring super heavyweight caps for both the 50ml and 100m with the solid perfume resembling something very close to a golden snitch (yes I've been to watch the deathly hallows!). I love the weighty feel although I do wish the solid perfume came with a velvet pouch to keep it safe from scratches when swimming around in my bag :)
The Plum range also consists of a scented candle and purse spray (not pictured am afraid).
Eau De Parfum 50ml £60 and 100ml £90
Solid Parfum 3g £70

Plum is available exclusively from House of Fraser. Click here for more info (not an affiliate link)
*PR samples sent to me for review consideration. All opinions are strictly my own and my own only*





The perfume sounds lovely and I love the simple pink design of the boxes x
ReplyDeleteWow it sounds amazing! I cant wait to hunt it down and have a sniff. The packaging looks great too x
ReplyDeleteAhh did you go to the event?! x
ReplyDelete@shortiee31 fraid not, the event was cancelled due to snow :(
ReplyDeleteI think it has now been launched on her own on-line store http://www.marygreenwell.com. It really is a wonderous scent
ReplyDelete