My general "needs" from a foundation is durability, correct colour match and I-DON'T-WANT-TO-FEEL-IT-ON-MY-FACE!
Which is why I heart Make Up Forever's HD foundation. It doesn't have that weight on my skin and it gives good coverage :)
The downside is that it costs a whopping £26 odd quid! Thankfully I only need one pump to cover my face so a bottle will last me months.
However, this is my budget beauty week so for the price of two MUFE HDs you can get two of Revlon's Colourstay Foundation!
Am sure lots of you have already tried this, it's just a great drugstore foundation. I use the full coverage one (the combination/oily skin one)and find it gives great coverage. It's also not too weighty and comes in a good selection of shades and skin types :)
Another one I have only recently tried (since yesterday!) is the new Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation.
I tried the testers in Boots and I liked the light airy feel of them so after much swatching I settled with no 83.
However, to begin with two things bugged me about this foundation...
1) There are only 4 shades
2) The SMELL. It's horrible. It smells like foundation from a dark age. That lingering chemical, synthetic scent. After sniffing my swatch hand I almost returned it before trying it!
But then I started playing with the brush. Ooo I love this brush! It's a short, stubby, blunt baby kabuki and soo SO cute!
Dipped in the mousse foundation it does a fantastic job at blending the foundation in and whilst the scent bugs me cronic, I have to say the coverage of this is quite good.


Hi, comparing revlon colourstay and the bourjois mineral mousse, which has better coverage and oil control??
ReplyDeletethanks!
@Lynn Thanks for the comment. I think Revlon Colourstay is the better one by far for coverage and oil control.
ReplyDeleteThe Bourjois one I just couldn't get over the scent...not a nice one!
Hi,i have also tried bourjois mineral mousse foundation in shade 83,and its the only foundation that helps keep my oily slick skin matte,but tends to disappear at the end of the day.i have purchased 2 shades of revlon colorstay foundation both which were too dark and orange on me...what shade of revlon do you use..thank you!
ReplyDelete