Soo...I made an order, and yes it included the round lipsticks :)
I've read so many reviews about them so spent an absolute AGE looking through swatches online before finally settling on 6 shades.
With flash:
Without flash:
Swatches all without flash.Tea Rose swatch:
Pumpkin Pie:
Thalia:
Circe:
Chaos (!!!!):
Hestia (slightly lighter than shown...battery ran out in my camera so took this a few hours later than the above):
My ABSOLUTE favourite has got to be "chaos". It's just an incredible red which really surprised me. If you're looking for a red that won't break the bank I would definitely recommend this. It looks a bit pink in the swatch above but it's just a beautiful glamorous red! I HEART it so much!Another lippy that I really like was "circe". I've never been very successful with my neutrals but this one really compliments my light olive skin.
I also think Thalia lives up to all it's hype! It really is a lovely subtle day time shade. Me likes very much too :)
Now...on to the one thing I did not like about these round lipsticks...
THE TASTE!
It's HORRIBLE! Whilst admiring each shade in the mirror I was constantly distracted by this taste that I can only describe as "bath cleaner". Or OR...like that taste you get when you drink a glass of water only to realise the glass is still laced in suds. YUCK.
I don't get it. I really don't!
Other than that one minor itch I think these lipsticks were AMAZING value for money...$1.75 each which is just over £1. Plus I got an additional 20% off :)
I love each and every shade I bought which is great as I was so damn sure that I might not like a few :P
Has anyone tried the other NYX lippies? Do they taste better?
Andddd...what are your favourite round lipsticks? Let me know!


i love thalia as well! and tea rose and heather. and b52. i could go on..they have a lot of great shades.
ReplyDeletethe only one i didnt like when i did my nxy lipstick haul was orange soda..but then again, loads of people seem to love it so it could just be me!
sorry to hear the taste is really bad! it doesnt really affect me that much so i must be very lucky haha x
Nice swatches, I so want Thalia and Hestia is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteI really want Thalia now. I haven't posted my lipstick haul (it arrived 2wks ago now - how lazy am I), but I got tea rose, rose, louisiana, pumpkin pie, hero, and snow white. Tea Rose and Pumpkin Pie are my favorites so far.
ReplyDeleteI have a few of the Black labels in addition to the rounds that I have and I have to say that they are about the same to me other than scent and taste. The black labels have an artificial grape taste that I really hate. If I am shopping for a lipstick in the 6 dollar range I would rather have a tube of revlon. The Rounds are great though for the price. I really love Snow White for a red and Indian Pink.
ReplyDeleteMindy