Search This Blog

Monday, 25 January 2010

IMATS - WHOS GOING & WHAT'S ON YOUR LIST?

So with IMATS just a few days away I thought it would be a good idea to find out who's actually going!

I will be attending on Saturday so leave a comments and let me know if you'll be going too!

Since booking my ticket I have been compiling a mental "wish list" of all the things I hope to get with my main shopping list for Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. I really want to get a few of their Lip Tars, in particular
NSFW & Uber. Am really looking forward to seeing them as there are a ton of colours I am interested in but won't know for sure till I see them proper.

I have also had my eye on a few of OCC nail laquers - cannot WAIT to get my mitts on "Swamp Thing" and "Wasabi". I am really quite fond of green nail polish.

I's also like to get a few more face and blush brushes and am curious about Hakuhodo
after hearing rave reviews about their brushes. They are pretty expensive so will have to choose wisely.
I'll also be peeking around the other brush stores like Crown Brush to see what they have on offer.

Mac & Illamasqua am not too fussed about as I live in London and the Mac Pro store and Illamasqua are readily available. If they decide to have discount of sorts...well then that is an entirely different matter! Having said that I can never be bothered to queue at the Mac Pro store when they have 20% off deals...just don't want to do my head in :P

If anyone is going I would definitely recommend that you check out the PAM store. This is the make up shop I go to in Shepherds Bush during my lunch breaks. They sell Make Up Forever and I would HIGHLY recommend the Smokey Lash mascara. It's the BEST!

SO yes...that was a very rough list from me...what's on your shopping list?

If you're going to IMATS let me know!


7 comments:

  1. I'm so there! :) Unfortunately since I lost my job just before Christmas I've got barely any money to spare, I might have about £70 if I'm lucky :( so I've decided to be sensible and not go for things I can get anytime, like MAC and Illamasqua.

    Like you I'm gagging for OCC polishes and liptars (I predict liptars will be sold out within a couple of hours of the show opening!) - I'm having to whittle down my choices at the moment 'cause I bet we're gonna have horrible mark-up prices compared to the USA. *Sigh*

    I've never been particularly enamored with Hakuhodo, I just have a feeling they're not all they're cracked up to be, but I do plan to try Crown brushes!

    See you there! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm going! Hardly had time to look properly and make a list... I will do before I go though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooo the Lip Tars can't sell out! I stupidly sai i would pick up my ticket on the door so will have to queue for that first before I can buy anything...grumble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I'm picking my ticket up there too (sod paying an extra $35 to have it shipped to me!), but I'm meeting some people at 7.45am! Haha :) Hopefully it'll be fine, I'm sure most people will be picking their tickets up at the event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OCC and MUFE were the first to sell out at IMATS Toronto. The line to get in the door wasn't too bad though. Good thing you go on Saturday, as there would hardly be anything left the second day with these 2 brands. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am quite keen to go, but £33 entry ticket quite puts me off though, does it really worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I was put off by the price last year and then I missed out on the Mac Pro cards. Gutted!

    This year I've decided to go as I want to check out the indie brands and hopefully meet a few bloggers in the process :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.