Search This Blog

Monday, 13 July 2009

COLOUR CRAFT & NAKED HONEY MAC COLLECTIONS


Good evening! Hope you had a good weekend?

In a nutshell my weekend was lovely. I went to see the new Johnny Depp film, "Public Enemies" which I loved...lots of red nail polish and red lips :)
Sunday I went to one of my regular haunts for brunch, a delicious patisserie in the West End which have the most incredible pastries, before heading to Wembley for the Oasis gig where I dodged flying beer and piss all night. Delightful!

Anyway...I digress.

Tonight is a small entry about the new Mac collections.

My main excitement about Colour Craft was the chance to purchase the 226 Mac brush which I got on Saturday :) Really wanted this when it came out in the BBR collection but it was sold out everywhere.


So yes...I am very happy as I really like that this brush is small and has a finer point to it than say the 222. Just makes blending in the crease better me thinks...well I hope anyway as I've not tried it out yet!

I didn't purchase any of the MSFs or anything else from Colour Craft. I've dabbled with them aye, but they are all so frikking shimmery and I kind of feel like Mac are recycling previous themes and nothing is outlandishly new...maybe it's just me? Meh.

I did however, want something from Naked Honey. I should have purchased it on Saturday when I bought my 226 but I didn't want to carry it to the gig. Silly me, as it is all sold out in my regular Mac store! I am of course talking about the Honey Skin Salve.
I have a thing about multi-purpose balms with Liz Earle's Super Balm being one of my absolute favourites.
Couldn't believe it when they said it was sold out but it's still available online so I promptly made a purchase today. Expect a review later this week ;)

Other than that I think I have been mighty good!


I did ADORE the scent of the Creations Hue: Naked Honey which is rare that a Mac perfume semi seduce me so. I didn't purchase it because it's limited addition and you know, best not get too attached :P

I also liked the MSFs trios for Colour Craft. If I didn't have one from the BBR I would definitely consider purchasing one as they are very wearable.

Has anyone bought anything from either of them?
If so please comment and let me know, especially of you feel like I have missed out on a goody!

6 comments:

  1. My MAC delivery arrived today! I got Colour crafted lipstick- it's such a nice colour! I'll do a post on everything tomorrow!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still hoping to grab some lippies from the Euristocrats collection but first I need to have money! LOL And the 226 does look very promising...I may have to break the bank for that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I skipped Naked Honey and picked up the Eversun beauty powder blush from Style Warriors. This weekend I picked up the 131 Brush and the MSF in Warm Blend. My store was sold out of the 226 so I'll be purchasing a few of those online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about the colour craft lippy...might have to check it out but I am still riding the old glamour lippy wave ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got my Honey Skin Salve today!! Yay!
    I ordered mine from the internet on Sunday night and it was waiting for me at work this morning. Can't fault them for their online service.
    I did want the Naked Honey scent as well but resisted...I don't know how long it'll be before I give in though! :-)
    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments! Am glad I am not the only one who's been restricting their Mac purchases. Everything is far too shimmery!

    That being said I am debating on getting a MSF...I've caught the sun and no point in fighting it now! In a rather rambly way I think I need to get a bronzer of sorts *nods*

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.