Search This Blog

Wednesday, 22 July 2009

QUESTION: DO YOU LIKE MAC PAINT POTS?


See, I'm not sure that I do...no really, I don't think that I do, and after purchasing my third paint pot (Rubenesque)...I have decided to give up.

Unless of course you can tell me why I should persevere!

The reason I say this is because whilst I absolutely adore the colours available, every time I've tried to use one, it's ended up looking a mess by the end of the day. They swatch lovely, see *points*


...But they just don't work for me.

I've tried using them on their own, as a base to make eyeshadows POP!, applied them with brushes, applied them with finger tips, closed my eyelids for a few minutes with the hopes that all a paint pot really needs is drying time..but alas no!

They crease on me and BADLY.

They also don't work very well as an eyeshadow base.

They just really don't do it for me!

SOOO...my question is simple. What are your thoughts on Mac Paint Pots? Do you love them so that they are a staple MUST-HAVE-CANNOT-LIVE-WITHOUT item? Or are you like me? BAMBOOZLED?!

Please! Let's discuss!

6 comments:

  1. I love paint pots, great for a base or just on their own for a simple look. Do you do a thin or thick layer? Could possibly be a reason for creasing if a bit thick?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyah hunni,
    i recieved the innico nail appliques today and i love themm :D
    thanks so much
    I was saving them but as soon as they arrived i tore them open and applied them :]

    Doing a blog post soon about them and a shout out to you :]

    Thanks :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. try wearing them over UDPP or TFSI to prevent the creasing

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think they tend to crease really easily, so the neutral ones are kind of worthles...i just prefer UDPP...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Paint Pots every time I wear makeup. I only apply a thin layer under my e/s and it doesn't crease on me. I do let it dry a bit before I apply e/s. If I don't use Paint Pots as a base then I usually reach for a NYX jumbo eye pencil. Sorry it didn't work out for you :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. can the paintpots be used as a liner and how??

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.