I haven't told a make up story since the disaster with the eye gel...and I still LAUGH to myself about that one!
Today I was on the tube and for some reason remembered this story my mum told me ages ago about make up.
She told me how she once found £5 on the ground back in the early 80s (I think). Back then £5 was big money and it was enough to cover the groceries for a week.
However, my mother had other plans for it...
In fact, I think she debated it for a smudge before marching to the nearest department store. Once there she made a beeline for the Estee Lauder counter, brandished the said £5 to the sales assistant and decided to swap it for an eyeshadow duo, in two shades of BLUE no less!
I loved hearing this story from her because when she tells it it's almost as if she still feels slightly guilty about it. Really makes me smile that she chose glamour over food for a week :)
In fact she gave me the eyeshadows years ago as a child to play around with and I still have it. I just love the story behind it that I've got it for nostalgia now.


I use to LOVE rummaging around my mother's dressing table as a child. I remember she had this red lip gloss that smelt of make up, and I mean THAT old fashioned make up scent that all products use to have. I will have to ask her if she still has some of her old make up lingering around. I know she kept some old mascara because of the packaging. It was so glamorous and the mascara wand is all metal. METAL! Am seriously going to have to dig it out if she's still got it.
Anyway, so you see, I think I get this make up obsession from my mum! I know if I found money right now I'd be heading straight for the Mac counter so yeah...*looks sheepish*
Have you got any make up stories to tell? I love funny ones so please do share! And if you missed my first story, click here to read it. OMGOSH it's a frikking goody! I hope it makes you smile :)


haha, I loved this! It's such a girl thing to do, lol.
ReplyDeletexxx
What a great story! :) It's great that you still have it. x
ReplyDelete