Search This Blog

Monday, 27 July 2009

MINI GUIDE TO THEATRICAL MAKE UP SHOPS IN LONDON

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

Over the weekend I made a trip to Covent Garden to hunt down the infamous Ben Nye palette.

First and most obvious stop was "Charles Fox". If you've never been you're in for a treat as I always am in awe when I step into the store. They just have SO much stuff and it makes such a nice change from walking into Superdrug or Boots.


Charles Fox basically specialise in theatrical make up (they are right next door to the Lion King production). They stock brands such as Ben Nye and Kryolan but they also have Bare Escentuals and Illamasqua.

If you're after Illamasqua products then I would seriously advise you to go here instead of Selfridges. You don't have to cram to see the products and they are more likely to have what you want in stock.

I dabbled with the Kyrolan loose pigments and was sorely tempted to get some bright neon pink Charles Fox brand make up brushes and some glitter nail kit. However, I was good and walked away empty handed when they didn't have the wretched palette in stock!

Which then naturally led me to "Screen Face". This again is a professional make up artists store based in Covent Garden but it's a hell of a lot smaller Than Charles Fox. They also have fewer brands and items in stock. It's ok but it doesn't have that WOW factor that Mr Fox does. It's worth noting they do have their HQ in Notting Hill. I've never been but I can imagine it's better stocked and larger!


Still, they did have THE palette in so they made me very happy :)

One last pro make up store I'd like to mention is "P.A.M" who are based in Shepherd's Bush. Bit off the beaten track but it stocks Make Up Forever and I think it is worth the trip alone to check out this brand. They also have limited stock of Kryolan and Ben Nye. Worth noting that they close at 2pm on a Saturday and are closed on a Sunday.

Click here for the Charles Fox website (inc directions)

Click here for the Screen Face website (inc directions)

Click here for P.A.M (inc directions)

They are pretty well known stores but for those of you who live outside of London I hope that this entry was helpful!

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I have the Ben Nye palette and I love it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D ~ i wish i lived in london!
    it's Jordy, and i wanted to say that today i got the incoco package, and would like to say thank you so much! it looks so awesome, can't wait to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! i want to check out p.a.m now, i always wanted to try make up forever :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello i m from portugal and i m going to london to buy wiggs for XVII CENTERY its for a movie
    please give me some adresses to go and shop things
    thanks and big kiss
    give me your phone number if you live in london and we´ll meat
    ok
    sonia

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.