Earlier this month I got the chance to interview one of the world's most iconic makeup artists, the fabulous Mary Greenwell!
With an enviable celebrity portfolio (Cate Blanchett, Kate Moss, Uma Thurman, Gweneth Paltrow and the late Princess Diana to name a few), Mary shares some of her tips for creating your ideal New Years Eve look, and how to look perky for the morning after :)
With New Years Eve just around the corner, what would you recommend for a great party look?
MG: I love the fact that what suits you is what you do, there's no question of following any trend. If you want to go for smokey eye then go for it, if you want to look like Cheryl Cole go for it. I think we can use the X Factor as a really good example. Every time those girls came out they looked different, and you know why? Besides looking stunningly beautiful there is no trend, it's whatever you want to do.
Whatever mood you are in that day just do it, but by the way if you don't suit smokey eyes then never do it. If you just suit having a very delicious full mouth then that’s all you have to go for so really do whatever suits you.
I think Cheryl Cole and Danni Minogue gave us a fine example. We were looking forward to seeing their makeup just as much as their outfit. I thought they were both great and they did their make up so beautifully for every show. They are a great example of what’s happening now. In other words anything goes as long as it’s well applied.
What are your essentials for the morning after to keep a fresh face?
---------------
So there you have it! Choose your best asset, be it eyes or lips and go for it. Stick to what suits you and accentuate your features but above all, forget about trends and go with what you feel like on the day! Me? I'm a huge glitter cliche although I think I may wear it on my lips this year ;)
Look out for part 2 of my interview coming very soon and find out what beauty products are Mary's favourite must haves!
What are your tips for New Years Eve partying? Leave a comment and let me know :)



This is a great scent from the fantastically adorable Mary Greenwell, the scnet has a classic chypre with a memorable twist. Top notes of plum, blackcurrant, peach, bergamot and lemon blend with notes of Gardenia, Tuberose Abolute, Orange Flower Absolute, Rose Absolute and Jasmine Absolute and a base of precious woods, Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Amber and White Musk. She has launched her own website here: http://www.marygreenwell.com where you can buy this beautiful scent.
ReplyDelete