How was everyone's weekend? The snow really hit London hard on Saturday and it's been freezing ever since! This time I was prepared and have been decked out in my purple Hunters for the last few days :)
Now I know I already posted about some face products to combact the cold but what with the recent blast of cold weather I thought I'd add to the list!
CLINIQUE MOISTURE SURGE £30
I've used a few pots of this over the years and it's got a gel like consistency with the scent reminding me of rice, but works wonders for dehydrated skin.
ESTEE LAUDER HYDRATIONIST £32
I love Estee Lauder's Day Wear which I have used consistently for over 10 years now. However, it's not really enough for my skin in the Winter months. I've found Hydrationist is a lovely alternative for the colder months :)
PHILOSOPHY - HOPE IN A JAR £33.50
One of my work colleagues swears by this stuff and says it is AMAZING for sensitive and acne prone skin. Here is what he had to say about this product:
“The lactic acid is an amazing exfoliant but so gentle that even sensitive skin can use it. Much less harsh than most AHA/BHAs. I have acne-genic skin and it’s gentle enough that it doesn’t make me break out at all, whereas most AHA/BHAs do.
There’s no overpowering fragrance. It’s so light to the touch, like whipped silk, but actually translates so much moisture on the skin that you only need the tiniest little bit. They have another version just for extra dry skin that is more creamy and buttery if you prefer that as well.
It brightens the skin VISIBLY! It creates this really nice glow on the skin, without being shiny or pearlised.
“The lactic acid is an amazing exfoliant but so gentle that even sensitive skin can use it. Much less harsh than most AHA/BHAs. I have acne-genic skin and it’s gentle enough that it doesn’t make me break out at all, whereas most AHA/BHAs do.
There’s no overpowering fragrance. It’s so light to the touch, like whipped silk, but actually translates so much moisture on the skin that you only need the tiniest little bit. They have another version just for extra dry skin that is more creamy and buttery if you prefer that as well.
It brightens the skin VISIBLY! It creates this really nice glow on the skin, without being shiny or pearlised.
I like the name, it’s cute and honest. Hope in a jar is really what we’re all searching for, isn’t it really?”.
I’m just about to crack open a jar so will post my review up soon!
I’m just about to crack open a jar so will post my review up soon!
DR ORGANIC - VIRGIN OLIVE OIL CREAM £7.99
Dr Organic have such a fantastic range of high quality products at super reasonable prices. I have expressed my absolute LOVE for the Manuka rescue cream and recently have tried the new Virgin Olive Oil day cream and it’s fab for tackling dry skin.
What are your recommendations?
What are your recommendations?






I've been using Hope in a Jar--which I plan to review soon also--but I'm liking it a lot! It's so light weight!
ReplyDeleteClinique Moisture Surge is great! Could even convince my boyfriend last winter! ;)
ReplyDelete