If there is anything to get me in the festive mood then it would be scented candles, hands down.
With the chill factor high in the UK I find myself lighting them up to create a lovely warming environment in my London flat.
I am a huge fan of spicy candles...think cinnamon, clove, ginger, anything that is going to give me that log cabin feeling...Mmmmm!
Here are some of the candles I am particularly enjoying at the mo with both being of incredibly high quality, using natural essential oils and scenting a room in a matter of minutes.
AROMATHERAPY ASSOCIATES COMFORT CANDLE - £24
A super warming candle with essential oils of ginger and rose. Ginger isn't a scent I would usually reach for when it comes to scented candles but when combined with the floral notes it's really quite lovely. A wonderful candle that does exactly what it says on the box.
DIPTYQUE POMANDER CANDLE - £36
I've been in love with Diptyque candles ever since I use to work a few doors down from their Notting Hill branch. The scent I would get each time I walked past was delicious.
Pomander is my most favourite candle EVER. For me it ticks all the right boxes...super warming and super spicy, with essential oils of orange, cinnamon and clove. I love walking into a room when I have one of these burning.
The downside is that they do have the luxury price tag of £36 but I recently bought one for my best friend who's face was a picture the minute she smelt it...she LOVED it too :)
Lastly, a candle I received many years ago now but still remember fondly:
HILL HOUSE NATURALS - LOG CABIN $12.50
There isn't much of a description on the Hill House Naturals website for this candle despite saying it was inspired by 'freshly baked oatmeal cookies...fragranced with spices and vanilla'. My dad was the one who picked this up in a bootsale for me (he is the bootsale KING!), so am afraid I have no idea where you can buy this in the UK. But for all my US readers...visit the website here and check it out!
(Aromatherapy Associates candle was a PR sample. No affiliate links included and the reviews are my own honest opinions)
Search This Blog
Wednesday, 8 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.