SO when I was invited to attend the Tracie Giles blogger event last week I said "hell yeah!" , such was my curiosity to see how it was done, and more importantly whether semi permanent brows could actually look natural.
Tracie Giles is recognised as an established leader in permanent make up cosmetics, both here in the UK and globally and has over 25 years of experience in the field. She is also a member of the Society of Permanent Cosmetics Professionals (USA) and the British Association of Beauty Therapists and Cosmetologists (UK).
The event was held at Tracie's clinic in Harley street where two bloggers agreed to go under the needles. I say needles because there are in fact four used at the same time.
First up was BeautyWowza, aka Priya, who went for a beauty spot. Tracie used a pencil to determine exactly where Priya wanted her mark before applying an anaesthetic gel to minimise any discomfort during the procedure.
She custom blended a colour that would look natural against Priya's skin with the colour consisting of completely natural minerals which are specifically selected for their safe, non-toxic and hypo allergenic properties.
The actual procedure lasted a mere minutes and the next thing we knew Priya was proudly sporting a new beauty spot just above her lip:
I think it looked fab and made me really want a Dita Von Teese style mark as it looked so natural! the whole application was pain free too...horray!
The second procedure was for Aly who opted for semi permanent eyebrows.
Aly's brows were threaded before Tracie patiently set to work measuring her brows with some calipers to completely ensure that they were exactly even.
Again Tracie mixed a custom blend of mineral pigment to best suit Aly's brows before slowly setting to work, shaping and filling them in:
The whole process takes approximately 2 hours with the finished look incredibly natural and nothing like the green tattooed types I was previously familiar with (apparently the green/black brows are made using tattoo ink which is what makes them so bad).Aly's almost finished brows:
I found the whole evening incredibly informative and very interesting as I had such preconceived ideas of what the treatments would be like...i.e it will hurt or look un natural, but I can safely say that Tracie has put my mind at ease, especially over the brow treatment. They look so natural!
Fore more information on these treatments and to view Tracie's work, visit the Tracie Giles website here: www.traciegiles.co.uk
I'd also just like to add that I met some lovely and super friendly bloggers at this event! You know who you are ;)









No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.