Search This Blog

Thursday, 9 December 2010

WINTER SOS: LIP PRODUCTS TO COMBAT THE COLD!

Winter is not kind to my lips *shakes head*

My lips always require lip balm and whilst the EOS lip balms I picked up in NYC earlier this year work a treat during the Summer, they just simply aren’t moisturising enough to battle it out against the freezing winds we have in London at the mo!



Here are my favourites to date:


1)LANOLIPS - £7.99 - £10.99
I was recently sent some Lanolips products to try, which you guessed it...contain lanolin :)



I remember my first encounter with lanolin and I must have been about oooo 8 years old? We had gone on a school trip to a farm somewhere out in the countryside and I remember standing out in a field next to a little shed and the farmer handing out some freshly sheered sheep wool for us to touch. At the time I remember him telling us the oils in the wool would be good for our skin (a beauty junkie in the making I was!).

Kirsten Carriol, the brand's founder, also recognised the benefits of lanolin and set about creating these simple yet super effective products.
Lanolips is an Australian brand now available in Boots and I cannot recommend them enough! Containing medical grade pure lanolin,capable of holding up to 200% of its weight in moisture,these products sooth chapped and dry lips wonderfully and I love that they are not greasy in the slightest.
I was sent the original Lanolips 101 ointment which doubles up as a multi purpose balm, perfect for cuticles and dry patches, as well as two of the tinted variety which give good colour. Neither have any fragrance which is a bit of a shame but I've seen on their Aussie website that they have a limited edition "lemonaid" one which sounds yummy!Hope it comes to the UK soon!
Click here to visit the Lanolips website 

Little tip with these...they get a bit solid in the cold weather so I pop mine in my pocket to soften them up a bit. AMAZING stuff and well worth checking out!


2) BY TERRY BAUME DE ROSE - £32
I think we all know whos favourite this one is! Laura, aka Lollipop26 was the one to get me on this band wagon :) Coming in at a supr steep £32 per pot this is one luxury lip product...*winches at the price*
I bought this in the Summer when I attended a By Terry event at SpaceNK. 

It's a strange consistency...sort of a fluffy whipped up jelly balm if that makes sense? You'll have to stick your finger in one to see what I mean :P
I adore the scent of this, smells beautifully of roses and a little goes a long way. I've been using this pretty much daily (a good 6 odd times a day) and I've only gone through half the pot. 
If you want something special and to treat your lips then this one is for them ;) 

3)LUSH LIP SCRUBS - £4.50
I mentioned these not long ago but I really take immense joy in using them having got a few from Lush's former makeup range "B Never Too Busy To B Beautiful". The Lush xmas sherbet one is especially yummy with real sherbet in!



Which are your favourite lip products? I've heard some fantastic things about the Nuxe Baume Levres Reve De Miel and the Philosophy Kiss Me Tonight so I can't wait to give them a go!

(no affiliate links, Lanolips & lip dip kindly sent to me for review)

1 comment:

  1. I've been addicted to Lucas' Papaw Ointment for my lips this winter, it keeps the very moisturised. I went in to Lush this week & tried the Sherbert flavoured lip scrub, it tastes sooo yummy and I think I tried too much lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.