My bf recently brought back a haul of fab Aussie products for me and one of them was the infamous Lucas Papaw ointment.
Dubbed as the Aussie version of Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream, I've lost count of all the reviews and magazine raves that I've read about this product so was very keen to put it to the test.
Created by medical practitioner Dr. Thomas P. Lucas, the ointment has been around for years having first been created for the treatment of many ailments at the doctors Brisbane hospital.
After his death he gave his recipes to his wife who then made them available for purchase. The formula is exactly the same as when he first created it (a good 100 years ago!) and can be used to treat the following:
I have been using this ever since I got it and it's really great for dry, chapped lips leaving them soft and supple!
It doesn't have a scent or flavour which is a shame but it is non greasy..horray!
I've thankfully not had any of the above ailments to treat but I carry my tube everywhere so it will be on hand should I need to :)
The ingredients are as follows:
Fermented Fresh PawPaw Fruit, Rhus Succedanea Wax, Glycerine, Petrolatum, Canola Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax, Corn Starch, Potassium Sorbate (0.1 mg/g).
You can purchase Lucas Papaw from www.cultbeauty.co.uk or if you live in London I know the Australia Shop in Covent Garden stocks it.



It sounds good, I like Aussie goods!
ReplyDeleteHey! I just wabted to let you know that I chose you for a blog award! Here's the details: http://primedandpretty.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-very-first-blog-award.html
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! :)
I use this everyday & I love it!! It's a great product.
ReplyDelete