Search This Blog

Thursday, 20 January 2011

BENEFIT ULTRASHINE & BELLA BAMBA BLOGGERS EVENT!

Last night I joined a host of UK bloggers for the launch of Benefit’s latest Ultrashine lipglosses and blusher, “Bella Bamba”.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the fantastic Benefit team who went all out with sushi and cocktails aplenty!
It was fantastic to catch up with lovely bloggers such as 6inchstillettos and the London Beauty Queen, both of whom are fantastic.

We were given an introduction to the Benefit brow bar by the charming Darren who is a Brow and Body grooming expert. He demonstrated the process of achieving the perfect arch and dismissed the “no plucking, waxing above the brow” as a myth, creating perfect brows for 6inchstilettos.
 
Afterwards  Lisa Benefit’s talented Head make up artist introduced us to the new products which included four gorgeous Ultrashine lipglosses and the beautiful Bella Bamba. She also demonstrated the meaning behind the "3D Pink" of Bella Bamba, meaning it's brightening, sculpting and defining.
Bella Bamba is Benefit's ninth blusher and is the first blusher to contain a mirror! YAY! The lid lifts up like a compact, and shuts securely thanks to the magnetic closure.

I was watching everyone try it on during the event and it flattered each and every skintone. It also brightens the face and gives a lovely flush to the cheeks that's very natural and girly.

I know some people have asked if it's similar to Nars Orgasm and to that I have to say no. Orgasm has a lot of golden shimmer to it which I find quite difficult to wear, whereas Bella Bamba is pinker with a fine subtle shimmer. You can see the difference between the two below:

Here is what it looks like on me:

Huge thanks to the lovely Jasmine for inviting me, Jane & Jean Ford, benefit's hilarious founders for creating the quirky video for us and to Nora Rothrock for taking the time out to give a short talk on the importance of bloggers in the digital realm. Had a good chat with her about new media and she's very inspirational.
For more information on the new products visit the Benefit website: www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk

8 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I really like the new powder box design with the attached lid and mirror - it's about time they were updated. Bella Bamba is a divine colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, it really does flatter all skintones!
    Can't wait to get one x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing the Orgasm comparison swatches! Bella Bamba looks amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the eyeliner that you are wearing - what is it...?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anon - Aw thanks so much! It's Benefit's Magic Ink :) My new favourite liquid eyeliner. Lasts all day and has a brush applicator which is a MUST for me. I reviewed it last month ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful colour, I can't wait to try this in person when it launches in stores! Nars organism looks so frosty and neutral in comparison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a fun gathering!

    And the Bella Bamba looks like a little party in a box too, come to think of it. It really looks great on you! I definitely want to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.