Search This Blog

Monday, 10 January 2011

NO!NO! 8800 HAIR REMOVAL SYSTEM - first impressions

So today is the first post of my No!No! 8 week trial. I was sent the No!No!8800 for the purpose of this trial and I've used it twice this week.

First Impressions:
My first impressions of this device is that it's nice and compact when compared to other hair removal products on the market. 
It's also much quieter than an epilator which is a big thing to me, I can't stand the rattling noise of mine!




Initial use:
When it comes to initial use the first thing you notice is the smell of burning hair which can initially be quiet off putting. The No!No! works by using heat to burn the hair off, hence the smell.




I found using this on my legs very easy, quick and effective too.
However, when it comes to doing my underarm its quite tricky and I can't seem to remove the hair entirely, meaning that it's not as effective as a razor or epilator in the sense that you get a close shave or full hair removal. I've also had a few incidents where I've managed to burn myself...ouch! I think this is more down to me and how I use it though as oppose to the device itself. Need more practice although time will tell!


In terms of hair growth post treatment, this is what it looks like after the third day (apologies for the gross photo but for the purpose of this review I thought it neccessary!):
I'll be taking a photo of my progress each week so hopefully the following photos will include less hair!

Click here to read my No!No! introduction post.

I'll be posting another update next Sunday so keep an eye out for it :)

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing weekly posts to track your progress! I will definitely be looking forward to those!

    (and the "hair" pictures are definitely necessary haha) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh thanks for doing this review! We used to sell the NO!NO! where I work, but it didnt sell very well so we've stopped doing it :S
    I didn't like the burning smell, but it looked really cute and I was tempted to buy it if it worked... but now you're doing a review I shall pay attention! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Shaylee Anne ha! I loath taking these photos but it's a must really like you say :P

    @esteem it does smell quite a bit which is a huge shame. Hoping it works and hoping I get the knack of using it properly!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.