Search This Blog

Tuesday, 28 April 2009

AS THE SUN COMES OUT....IT'S TIME TO WAX!

This is going to be a bit of a mutter me thinks as I've been pondering a lot on this subject lately.

As the warm weather begins to linger around for longer than a day, there are several things that spring to mind. Thankfully I'm not a big tan freak (I detest sunbathing big time) and fake tan just doesn't do it for me...

BUT! There is one thing that I simply MUST do and that is W-A-X.

Now I shall confess I am a bit of a "pain for pleasure" freak so I take joy in doing all my own waxing. THAT, and not particularly wanting to get intimate with the waxing ladies...yikes.

So yes, we are slowly creeping into the waxing months and last week I was feeling particularly brave and decided to attempt to wax my under arms. Let me first state I have never done this before. Legs and bikini has always been a breeze for me but I've heard scary stories of under arm waxing so I have always avoided it.

I don't know what came over me but the next thing I knew I had stuck a strip there...I've heard it's PAINFUL...so why on EARTH did I do it?!

I spent the next 5 minutes pondering the sticky situation I had gotten myself into before eventually saying out loud "ahhh FECK IT!"

RIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Did it hurt?

NOT AT ALL.

Banish thy razor and hello wax strips!

What product would I recommend for home waxing?
I really love the Nad's waxing products. I prefer the wax strips that you can throw away after use...all that washing cotton strips business is far too time consuming for me!


5 comments:

  1. it really didn't hurt?? I epilate my under arms and it bloody kills so I might have to look into this!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they do waxing for men's facial hair? Because shaving everyday is soooooo annoying :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering if I just have an above average pain threshold...they way people described it to me they said it would KILL. I was plesantly surprised though!

    It's waxing all the way for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and Mo...unfortunately I think you're just going to have to stick to shaving. The thought of a wax strip on a male facial hair....eeekkkk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. Glad I'm not the only one! I have underarm razorburn that KILLS so every once in a while I treat myself to a salon wax and while it isn't a cakewalk, I'd rather that than bikini any day!
    I'll have to try the Nads tho because salon waxes are way to expensive to do often. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.