So I've had this little sample pot of Mac's Studio Sculpt sitting in my travel make up bag for a while now...I keep forgetting it exists and when emergency calls, reach for my mineralized pressed powder instead.
So this morning I was deprived of my beloved Make Up Forever HD foundation (I love the airy fairy feel of this beauty)...AND...might I add, deprived of my precious 188 Mac brush.
Boo. She thought.
But then she remembered the little sample pot...Oooo!
See, I've tried Studio Sculpt twice now. Once when the MUA applied it to my face on my day off, and another when I slapped it on in a mighty hurry.
Today though, I had a teeny tiny bit more time.
I think after three applications I can safely form a decent opinion of this product so here goes...
First impressions, or should I say first thoughts are, "this stuff smells like Bailey's...it feels like I am smearing Irish Cream Liqueur all over my face". *sniff*
Am I the only one to think so? Perhaps...perhaps not. Do share!
The colour match I have is NC25. It looks pretty OMG in the pot, but once I apply it it blends in lovely and I am pretty impressed.
I remember the first time I tried it it felt quite obviously "there", sitting on my face, it's weight making me think "hey you're not MUFE HD".
I think the trick to this is LESS IS MORE.
The formulation of this foundation is a gel base. Innovative, she thought. Hmmmmm....
I applied it with my fingers (no brush in the emergency make up bag am afraid). It blends well and it gives a nice semi dewy look to the skin. It looks NATURAL which is what I strive for when slapping on make up first thing in the morning!
So after my third application of this I have to say I do like.
It's light but not super uber light like MUFE HD.
Does this mean I will be purchasing one when I finish my HD?
Hmmm...I think I shall have to ponder it some more.
One thing though...it's much easier to find than MUFE and it's also cheaper!
Another thing worth noting is that sometimes I find my MUFE makes my skin slightly oily. Meaning I have to get the blotting tissues out during the day.
With the MAC Studio Sculpt I didn't get this which is fab!
I think tomorrow I shall try applying it with my 188 and see what kind of finish I get.
The more I think about it the more I think I will definitely purchase one after my MUFE.
Foundation lasts me forever though. One pump is all I need to put a face on, so by then there probably will be a newer foundation out!
But that being said I hope you find this review useful :)


I tried the studio sculpt concealer and thought the same thing about the scent!! I might have even bought the concealer, as I liked the way it worked, but I couldn't stand that my FACE smelled like something. I mean, my nose is on my face, which means it is very close to the scent, which means... Idk. It was very hard to get away from.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I did like the formula of the concealer.